The concerts are mad good at the Madhouse
With more than 25 concerts on the books for 2018, United Center has a show for everyone’s liking—and this crowd-pleaser gets good marks for its seats, food selection, and general atmosphere. Home of the World Champion Chicago Bulls and Stanley Cup Champion Chicago Blackhawks you don’t get a nickname like Madhouse on Madison for nothing. Simply put, this place rocks! home of the Chicago Bears, where the performers trade in footballs for microphones. (But you might still see some touchdown-style dancing.)
- April 26: Bon Jovi
- May 5: Kygo
- May 18: Daryl Hall & John Oates and Train
- May 19: Shania Twain
- May 22 and 23: U2
- June 1: Depeche Mode
- June 6: Paul Simon
- June 30: Harry Styles
- July 6 and 7: Radiohead
- August 3: Shakira
- August 13 and 14: Smashing Pumpkins
- August 15: Sam Smith
- September 14: Maroon 5
- October 5: Justin Timberlake
- October 15: Eagles
- October 26 and 27: Elton John
- While the floor level will get you closest to the performers, it can also be harder to see because the chairs generally aren’t tiered, so keep that in mind when choosing seats.
- No professional cameras, video recorders, audio recorders, or selfie sticks are allowed. Food and drink may not be brought in.
Bus 20 goes from Madison & LaSalle to Madison & Wood, dropping you off near United Center (about 24 minutes).
You can also pick up the Blue Line at Clark/Lake to Illinois Medical Center, then walk about four blocks (about 23 minutes).
Ride-sharing services are another option, as is driving the two to three miles (depending on what route you take) and shouldn’t take longer than 15 minutes.
But don’t worry about writing all of this down! Stop by the Concierge or Front Desk and they’ll point you in the right direction